Monday, August 6, 2018

An Old Me but A New Me

It is too much to embrace life when you get high of it. All of a sudden when you were just living in your worst days, someone just makes you so alive and showers so much happiness that it becomes unbearable. Feels like you are living in a juxtaposing fantasy world which is beyond your imagination. I too fell under such a place. Marriage and coming to USA with my one and only was itself too much to take that I dont want to come out of it at all.
And guess what..., I am not doing anything wrong; I deserve it.
Honestly, if you want something, all you need is to have trust and patience. People will come along in your life showing an alternate route which might look easier. All my life I have ever wanted was the ultimate love of my life and men did knock on my heart; but none could touch my heart (or maybe I was too naive to ignore it.. who knows..). Born in a middle class family, I have always seen my parents protecting each other and loving each other without even saying those three magical words. And now here I am... miles away from home.. with my partner in a completely new avatar (a wife!!! I still get chills while thinking about that transformation.. but there it is..)
I am living the American life and learning the American ways. Also, my Social Media feeds are getting so interesting with the picturesque locations (can’t avoid mentioning that!!). Yet, I am a Desi at heart, making Chapatis, Daal and Sabzi for my Hubba-Hubba!! I still try to be myself by talking to my folks back in India and reminding me of my roots. Trying to find myself in this first world country, I have come a long way. My whole life and routine has taken a 180 degree turn. Of course, the New Me has spoilt the Old Me; but I am happy to take it in full form. Now I realize that change is a part of life which is unavoidable.
Life is short, so you never know what’s next. Until then just stay happy and make your own path. Things will fall in place when it has to be. 

No comments: