Saturday, June 24, 2017

I'm Getting Married!

Oh My Gosh.. it's truely happening!!
The dream I've been carrying in my mind and heart since so long is finally taking shape. Yes, it feels like a fairy tale but truth being told... I'm filled with anxiety and nervousness from top to bottom. Surely that has to occur.. in a few days I'll be no more the same.. I'll be staying in an entirely new place with new people and new environment. It's not that easy.. But it's the one thing I've chosen for myself at last.
I've always loved to attend weddings as it is the purest form of showing love and truest form of belief of togetherness.... for good and for worse. I've been bridesmaid to many friends and like. But this is the time I get to be on the other side.. I'll be the lovely BRIDE!
Since my childhood, I've been taught that marriage brings many responsibilities on a girl's shoulders especially after the moment her man of love puts the holy "sindoor" and "mangalsutra" on his lady love's grace, she instantly becomes a lady and is no longer that carefree girl who could roam around in the house in her mere pajamas, party with friends and watch Netflix all day! But, I believe that marriage is an institution where you find a companion and spend your life together as a whole to achieve a higher objective.
I'm certain that, this won't be a bed of roses as it's not easy to lead a life with an unknown person whom you just met for a day or two..., but yes, Sahil loves me and I love him too. And love is one strong bond which transcends all boundaries... all the difficulties.. and all the possible dangers. It'll be my strength for sure and I'm ready to take it now... it's time that I should shed my much-loved-bachelorhood, I guess. Everything closely linked with Sahil is now linked with me too and this is a special feeling.
Of course, I am afraid of the unknown... I am afraid that I should never let my family down... and I must always see the good side of the coin because there'll be nothing but gloom, sadness and anger if I'm negative. I have a strong belief in the almighty power and won't stop thanking God for the wonderful life he has showered to me.
My marriage is on 2nd of July, 2017 and is one of the 1st steps towards starting my own family which I've always been longing for. I'm sure I'll be welcomed into the new world in a much better way than I can ever imagined... Let there be light!

No comments: