Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Memories are worth cherishing.... Happy Rakhshabandhan!

I remember in January when I was nearly 3 years old
A healthy baby boy was delivered by my mother
about whom I was being told since months
that soon enough I will have my angel brother

My grand-ma dressed me up in pink flair
Made 2 small coconut-tree types pony-tails of my hair
on the way to hospital she told me about the new baby-boy
with whom I could share all of my toy

But, see how stupid I was, that when I saw him with mommy
inspite of being happy about this sweet innocent baby
I cried after seeing mummy with a new child and shredded tears like an open tap
"Who is he and What is he doing on MY mumma's lap"..?

Very softly mumma took me and made me sit near him
and reminded me how anxious I was to see him,
I closely felt his heart looked at him
O yes..yes... That's my brother..that is HIM!

It was a proud moment for me being an elder sis
and a chance to pamper this cute teddy bear
I took an oath near the temple with a bliss
that I woun't let him shred a single drop of tear

As the days went by.. and years passed on
with one another we experienced days being both sweet and bitter
But, each day was a learning and moment to celebrate
the true relationship of a brother and a sister

This rakshabandhan, I promise once again
to be an ever loving and responsible elder sister
and YES...we will celebrate feeling of togetherness
for today, tomorrow and forever..!

No comments: